12.27.2010

{stories from room 3/4}

life would be SO GRAND if everyone just burst out into song and dance periodically.  (seriously, how joyful would that be!?  answer: COMPLETELY.)  well, it just so happens that my dream isn't so far fetched.  my cherubs FREQUENTLY BURST out in to song (see previous post!) and BUST out dance moves (yes, ALL in unison!).  we're like the miniature high school musical. it's quite remarkable.  and i'm not sure how they do it!  as their teacher, i ALWAYS want to join in and and create a spectacular dance party (i mean, we're learning about action verbs... i could totally make a lesson out of that... kinestetic learning at its best!  it could be SO educational!)  however,  i resist my urge to throw up my hands and dish out my 'hawk in the sky'... you know, trying to keep my professional appearance.  but really... nine year old boys singing taylor swift and bobbing up and down like oomp-loompas... clearly, all the ingredients for a solid dance party. 

my kids are gold.  although sometimes challenging, sometimes stressful, and sometimes sweaty and stinky, but they are so, so sweet.  they make me smile so much.

so here's a story that a mom passed down to me today... precious.

i live across from the grocery store.  not exactly across... more like in the relative area.  being a small town, several of my students know where my hide out is from 5pm-7am.  in fact, a few of the neighboring kiddos have waved me down to say hello or to ask for help with their assignments.  lucky for them, they are adorable, and i can't resist. 

so on goes the story... one of my little ones was firmly believed that i lived across from the grocery store.  what is across from the grocery store?  a hotel.  when he drove pass the accommodations, he would always point out to his parents, "oh, that's where my teacher lives!"  

he's parents were a little skeptical, and during a conference asked how my living situation was.  i told them that i loved it!  they were somewhat complexed and started to ask me how i cooked things.  after i explained that i was living in an apartment, they started to chuckle and said that they had pictured me living in a hotel hovered over a hot pot every night trying to make supper. 

oh, these kids are cute.  it makes me wonder what other stories have come out of room 3/4...

No comments:

Post a Comment