9.22.2010

{ready, set, GROW!}

my kiddos and i have been working on a germination experiment for some time now... how long?  oh, FOUR WEEKS!  after getting my kids all excited about being scientists, making hypothesises, and doing experiments our first attempt FAILED miserably, and i must confess-- i saw it coming!  we used very sad looking seeds that seemed to already hit their expiration date.  so, i talked to the kids about "what happens when an experiment fails"... try, try again!  this time, using seeds that seemed a little more promising from my mother.  monday rolls around, and do you know what i find??? MOLDY SEEDS!  shoot!!!
some of my little friends have confronted me about the disaster... and i keep saying, "oh, maybe they need more water?" 
so tomorrow i'm going to prepare for this little confession:  i can't make plants grow... seriously!! several of my good  friends can tell you that i've killed a cactus or two (to which they said, "gee!  you're less nurturing than a desert!" hummm... thanks, friends.)  but this lady has been cursed with the opposite of a green thumb (black finger? brown pinkie? if we're talking color wheel, then red toe!) 

all i have to say is thank goodness i don't have to grow my own food :)

p.s. favorite quote from the day: child eating hamburger:  "oh no...ms. s, my onion ate my cheese!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment