9.23.2010

{raise that roof}

i am well known for my (fabulous? amazing? epic? sometimes dangerous?) hand motions.  i'm not sure when this characteristic of mine came about (maybe from all those church songs! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTfrqAqShfQ), but i've always felt the need to "show" people with my hands by painting.. or motioning an image with my flailing arms. if you watch closely, i can't sit still (yes, even in church!) i'm always toe tapping, finger wiggling, body rocking, or fidgeting.  which is probably why i relate to kids so well (because they can't sit still either!)

my kids too are realizing my over use of fabulous hand motions...

student:  ms. s, why do you always do this? (raising the roof) And this? (throwing and waving hands up in the air)

i didn't have the heart to tell her that the second is used as a venting exercise, which means i am probably screaming in my head and on the verge of wanting to tear my hair out... so i went with this more catholic school appropriate answer: "oh! it means i'm praising God."  (which is sometimes true :) )

humm... and what did i find my little rascals doing the next day... rasin' the roof.

1 comment:

  1. Shayla I'm saying this because I love you, Your blog is lacking pictures. Usually when I see a blog without pictures I skip to the next one.

    ReplyDelete